New Model Planner Ref: GL400
Materials Planner – Desford
Flowers Associates Ltd.
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm-possibility for overtime if the successful candidate wishes to do extra hours after successful training period
Ongoing contract until August 2018-Possibiliity it may be extended
Temporary position until August 2019
Immediate start for right candidate!
My client is looking to appoint a Materials Planner in Desford on a full time temporary ongoing basis. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly team, a growing and reputable business in a fast-paced environment. This would suit an individual who Material planning/Supply chain experience with strong Excel skills. You will be working with a Premier brand with the opportunity to develop yourself and receive ongoing training. You will need to be organised, enjoy multi-tasking and manage a good workload of clients.
The successful Materials Planner will be responsible for the following duties:
• Direct interface with the Supply base and manage and monitor the status of the ordered parts
• Effectively manage own workload and work to supplier agreements
• Responsibility for liaising with customers and Internal team members
• Keeping customers informed and updating Excel on a daily basis
• Dealing, monitoring, suppling and updating the Database
• Working with key suppliers and maintaining relationships
• To manage a portfolio of clients and work to excellent customer service levels
• Direct contact with clients is a big part of this role either face to face or on the telephone
• Establish root causes and resolve any issues that could affect the supply of parts
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Previous experience in a supply chain with a proven track record in materials planning/Supply chain would be preferred but not essential
• You will need to be a strong Administrator with a good eye for detail to be successful
• Experience of SAP is desirable but not essential
• Strong IT skills with ability to work daily Excel and get involved with Look ups and Pivot Tables
• Organise, prioritise and manage your time well
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player and can manage your workload
• Strong work ethic and quick to learn
• Be accountable and show initiative
• Salary is £10.56 per hour
• Car Parking
• Holiday start at 20 days plus bank holidays, but after 12 weeks increase to 27 days
• Great opportunity for the right candidate!