Management Accountant Ref: AF1766
We have been engaged by a leading design consultancy within the cosmetics and fragrance industry and are part of a Global Organisation. The role will have responsibility for three sites here in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to join a progressive, ambitious organisation and continue to develop their career within a commercially focused Management Accounting role with a culture that is driven, cohesive and dynamic
Reporting to the Finance Director. You will be responsible for the finance activity across the diverse divisions in the UK part of the business. Accountable for the assimilation and analysis of the management and financial accounts. Supporting the Finance and Commercial Director with project work including analysis, business development and commercial activity. Travel across the UK sites will be required.
- Consolidation of financial & management accounts for the UK entity and associated group reporting.
- Business analysis of consolidated information to give advice & guidance to the business on costing savings, efficiencies, operational performance & growth potential.
- Undertake reporting & operational budgeting, interpret and present financial information across the business.
- Interpret group accounting policies and drive consistent policies throughout all UK sites, ensuring financial, legal & risk compliance.
- Provide Senior Managers and stakeholders with business information and decision-making support and support key decision makers in the formulation and submission of the company three year plan.
- Carry out strategic financial analysis, presentations and projects.
- Enhance and implement forecasting and planning models for P&L and cash-flow management
- Evaluate and manage strategic initiatives as appropriate. Leading own projects where required and relevant to the needs of the business.
- Assist with costings and profitability analysis for new customers, accounts, additional business and additional services. Analysis, evaluation and business case preparations.
- Numerous ad-hoc projects that contribute commercially to continue to drive and grow.
- Authorisation signatory of Supplier invoices for payment.
- Business Lead Contact for external auditors.
- Review of Statutory accounts – Including preparation of commentary within these.
- Review of VAT and TAX returns for authorisation.
- Coordination / oversee all costings in relation to new business / job quotations, ensuring margin protection and profitability.
- Finance representative at Budget and Forecast reviews.
We are essentially seeking a high calibre individual with demonstrable experience relevant to the above and who possesses a strong degree of drive and ambition to develop their role across a broader spectrum. You should have experience within manufacturing, preferably retail point of sale but not essential. Qualified ACCA / ACA / ACMA is an absolute with proven PQE. High intermediate/ Advanced Excel capabilities are key to this role.
- You will be required to demonstrate an unquestionable level of discretion, integrity and confidentiality and have a genuine interest and passion for the business you work for.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, prioritise your own workload within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to liaise confidentially with people at all levels within the business. Creating a positive image of the business through all your communications.
- You should be self motivated, with strong planning and organisation skills who enjoys variety and new tasks.
- It is essential that you a full driving licence and the ability to travel.
Salary guide is c£35k to £42k, profit share scheme, pension, private medical
Flowers Associates Ltd.