Semi Senior Accountant Ref: AH172
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Semi Senior Accountant to join a friendly and growing team. This is a great opportunity to join an established and progressive Company with exciting future prospects in the Leicestershire area.
You will have a methodical approach to work and be capable of following procedure to the letter and liaise confidently with both internal and external staff. You will have experience of working in a Practice environment.
- A competent AAT qualified individual with ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a busy general practice Accountants office.
- Jobs to include completion of accounts for sole trader, partnerships and small limited company clients.
- Self-Assessment Tax Returns linked to the accounts jobs undertaken and for clients with rental income/expenses.
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns for an allocated list of clients, plus helping out throughout the team.
- Able to work on individual clients and report directly to the partner, whilst also flexible enough to work as part of the busy Accounts department under the instruction of the Management team.
- Assisting the senior Accountants with training of the junior Accountants by answering queries as and when called upon to do so.
- The flexibility to help out in other areas to ensure the smooth running of what is a busy office.
- Prior use of Iris Accounting suite, sage Microsoft office would be useful, but not essential.
Flowers Associates Ltd.
- Previous experience in a Practice environment is essential for this role.
- Applicants ranging ideally from (ACA/ACCA) accountants through to part qualified or AAT will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Pro-active in your approach
- Confident at communicating with people at all levels
- Great communication both written and verbal