Communications Manager (Marketing) Ref: AH174
With its UK Head Office based in Leicester this is a truly exciting opportunity to join a busy marketing department and be integral to the ongoing development of the marketing strategy of this flagship company
- To communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and convey our public brand messages
- To create communication strategies to increase brand awareness and maintain positive brand images in addition to creating strategies to increase employee awareness and promote employee productivity and positive engagement
- Distribute (via a wide variety of channels/platforms) our corporate messages and share information to include the overseeing of corporate branded material and key brand messaging
- To assume a department responsibility for the day to day organisation of Team Marketing including team meetings, weekly reports, new team member inductions and junior staff reviews and job descriptions.
- To be responsible for our various brand identities and adopt a brand custodian stance with emphasis on maintaining brand guidelines.
- Devise and implement our internal communications strategy for key message distribution and engagement with our franchise owners
- As above for our external stakeholders, customers, potential customers and wider market place
- Continually strive to build and increase brand awareness via a wide variety of channels / platforms and devise appropriate strategies to achieve our awareness goals.
- Act as an internal adviser to senior managers, staff and franchise owners on handling communication and engagement activities and issues.
- Identify and monitor spending on communications
- Work collaboratively across the business, maintaining good relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to address challenges and issues, mitigating risks and pursuing opportunities within the agreed communications programmes.
- Actively seek and act on feedback to ensure continuous improvement and consistently evaluate communications activity and share learning and best practice
- Assume departmental responsibility for the day to day organisation of Team Marketing’s regular meetings, holding 121s with other members and collating feedback to the Head of Marketing
- Take ownership of and adopt a brand custodian stance assuming all responsibility for corporate material with sign off and approval resting at your door.
- Plan and coordinate all induction programmes and initial training for all new Team Marketing members
- Assist the Head of Marketing with all NPF monitoring, Regional Meeting preparation and IRC content.
- Take the lead on Team Marketing’s GDPR responsibilities and ensure all team members are fully versed with the legal requirements
- To be familiar with and comply with the relevant ISO & Health & Safety procedures
The above list is not exhaustive and is provided as a guide to the key elements of the role.
- An excellent understanding and appreciation of current PR practices
- A demonstrable background in writing press releases and high level communications
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to be accurate and concise
- The ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure and turn around material timely and accurately.
- A keen eye for detail and proof reading skills
- Experience of updating websites, using CMs, responsibility of web content and control of social media presence.
- The ability to communicate technical concepts to non technical people
- Articulate and creative
- The ability to successfully meet and exceed targets
Personal Qualities Required
- Marketing/PR qualified
- Exceptional writing skills
- Line Management experience
- Strong communication skills
- A current driving licence
- Highly computer literate
To be considered for this role please apply by sending your CV.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from us within 7 days then your application has been unsuccessful.
Flowers Associates Ltd.