Planning & Procurement Specialist Ref: GL335
My Client is actively seeking an experienced Planning & Procurement Specialist to work with Global Leaders with a strong focus on Research and Development and culture for continuous improvement. This is a great company with excellent prospects for the right candidate! This company is rich in History with a strong future. They produce some of the most technologically advanced products in the world and so now is the right time to join a winning team!
Responsibility to plan and schedule internal and external demands of the business and secure materials in order to deliver to customers on time, at the lowest cost and inventory. Use MRP to support planning processes and to be the driver to achieving optimal and low cost plans within supply chain.
- Day to day production planning/scheduling
- Planning in accordance with process workflow and to publish production plans/schedules regularly and in accordance with demand strategy
- Follow up the plan on a daily basis and escalate where necessary
- To use MRP to determine material requirements of the production plan
- To verify demand data and to order material from suppliers
- To support Logistics process development and lean manufacturing
- KPI on agreed metrics, On Time Delivery, Lates, Inventory levels and supplier OTIF
- Implement best practice in planning processes to develop optimal plans which maximise efficiency and support operational strategy
- Communicate effectively with internal and external staff
The successful candidate will have:-
- Good communication skills and deployment of data
- Relevant production planning/MRP skills within in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in ERP systems
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- Time management skills to be efficient in a fast paced role
- Able to collaborate with others and sustain positive working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Hours: Full time. Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00. Salary is between £14.50 - £15.00ph and benefits
Longevity: 12 month contract
Flowers Associates Ltd.