Materials Planner Ref: GL342
Materials Planner – Desford
Salary: £10.56 per hour
Temporary position until November 2018-hoping to extend but not able to guarantee at this stage
Immediate start for right candidate!
My client is looking to appoint a Materials Planner in Desford on a full time ongoing temporary basis. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly team, a growing and reputable business in a fast-paced environment. This would suit an individual who Material planning/Supply chain experience with strong Excel skills. You will be working with a Premier brand with the opportunity to develop yourself and receive ongoing training.
The successful Materials Planner will be responsible for the following duties:
- Direct interface with the Supply base and manage and monitor the status of the ordered parts
- Effectively manage own workload and work to supplier agreements
- Responsibility for liaising with customers and Internal team members
- Keeping customers informed and updating Excel on a daily basis
- Dealing, monitoring, supplying and updating the Database
- Working with key suppliers and maintaining relationships
- To manage a portfolio of clients and work to excellent customer service levels
- Direct contact with clients is a big part of this role either face to face or on the telephone
- Establish root causes and resolve any issues that could affect the supply of parts
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a supply chain with a proven track record in materials planning/Supply chain would be preferred but not essential
- Experience of SAP is desirable but not essential
- Strong IT skills with ability to work daily Excel and get involved with Look ups and Pivot Tables
- Organise, prioritise and manage your time well
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player and can manage your workload
- Strong work ethic and quick to learn
- Be accountable and show initiative
Flowers Associates Ltd.
- Salary is £10.56 per hour
- Car Parking
- Holiday start at 20 days plus bank holidays, but after 12 weeks increase to 27 days
- Great opportunity for the right candidate!