IT Helpdesk Analyst Ref: KK7
Flowers Associates are working on behalf of a successful manufacturing business who are looking for a 1st Line Support Help desk analyst on a 6 months fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for:
- Receive, log and escalate service requests as a first point of contact for the IT Service on the Footprint helpdesk system following agreed procedures.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Liaise with team members and the IT Infrastructure Functional Lead to identify appropriate levels of escalation, where necessary.
- Communicate courteously and effectively with non-IT and IT specialists alike to ensure customer and service level standards are met successfully in line with the Service Level Agreement(s).
- Diagnose faults and service requests referring to team members where necessary in order to resolve first line problems and escalating to second and third line where appropriate.
- Act as a liaison between users and technical escalation teams (2nd and 3rd Line Support).
- Ensure service requests are routed to the appropriate internal team member for successful resolution.
- Assist as a member of the team in the development and maintenance of the service desk application, Footprint, liaising with team members to keep up to date with knowledge about the use of defined tools, templates and standards.
- Undertake training and development, where necessary, to maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Update of any key pieces of information including daily status logs (as appropriate) and communicate to other team members of any key incidents, as required.
- To be able to operate effectively within a fast paced and demanding environment while maintaining a professional manner at all times.
- Be able to organise and prioritise workload, where necessary.
- Perform proactive follow-up via phone or e-mail with service users to maintain relationships and guarantee service satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements including
- Actively participate actively in IT meetings to raise issues, provide ideas to find potential solutions that may help drive resolutions and progress.
- Investigate delays and service misses and suggest corrective actions to reduce/eliminate issues to the IT Infrastructure Functional Lead
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- A competent awareness of MS Windows XP and/or Windows 7 with the ability to be able to navigate around and perform basic activities such as drive mapping and file handling.
- Knowledge of Active Directory is advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of Office365 is advantageous but not essential.
- Competent in the use of, navigation around and key elements such as basic configuration for both new and existing users of MS Outlook, MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other tools such as Visio.
- The ability to resolve general issues within the software packages listed above and other applications.
- Ability to learn basics of company SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to perform basic activities such as resets of data, log on profiles, etc.
- Ability to provide insight for both company non-IT staff and IT staff where appropriate in basic key tasks including use of the above packages, where appropriate.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and understand data.
- Ability to understand some of the principles and processes of effective communication/presentation and when/how to apply them in all aspects of the role.
COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS :-
Definition: - The key competencies required to perform effectively within the role achieved via demonstration of competencies, experience from roles and/or formal qualifications.
- Graduate calibre ideally possessing an ICT qualification at A-level/BTEC standard or equivalent
- High degree of integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Decisive, pro-active and a level of assertion, where required.
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to demonstrate working under own initiative and think things through to solution
- Highly IT literate particularly within Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other MS applications.
- The ability to design, manage, and operate databases, where required.
Flowers Associates Ltd.