New Model Material Planner Ref: AB28
New Model Material Planner
Flowers Associates Ltd.
Location: Desford – Home Working
Salary: £11 per hour
Longevity: Contract until June 2022, possibly longer
Hours: Full Time Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm
About the Company
Here is a great opportunity to get started in an exciting niche sector, for a premium brand, working for a prestigious 3PL client…not to mention that all important experience on your CV. Although temporary, there may be scope for a longer term more permanent position (but will be based in Coventry).
Key to note – Supply Chain would be a good career switch right now.
There is currently more than one requirement across this business for Materials Planners in both their Production and Aftermarket departments.
About the Opportunity
· Do you consider yourself a strong Administrator and Coordinator of processes and associated people?
· Are you a good influencer, abler to make things happen?
· Do you enjoy problem solving?
What duties are involved?
· Direct interface with the supply base to manage and monitor the status of ordered parts/materials and expedite delivery of items to exceed client expectations up to and immediately post launch
· Work the new model parts summaries on a daily basis
· Ensure that the new model tracker status and comments are current at all times
· Establish root cause and work to resolve any issues which could affect supply of parts
· Liaison with brand purchase, engineering and aftermarket teams to monitor and progress new model parts approvals and status
· Escalate where appropriate any issues/areas needing attention
· Identify and undertake risk management strategies with supply base
· Deliver agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) including stock in bin % at launch, ETA coverage, availability post launch
· Support supplier induction and supplier portal rollout
· Support New Model Team initiatives
· Required to work closely with Customer First team, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Operations and Inbound Logistics teams
· Provide backup support during office absences
What skills, experience & attributes are we looking for?
· Requires prior experience in or knowledge of Supply Chain with a proven track record in Material Planning
· Vendor management skills
· Strong planning & organising skills
· Good interpersonal skills including listening and questioning
· Excellent oral communication skills supported by good written skills
· Must be target driven, persistent, take ownership and be a self-starter.
· Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point and Access
· SAP knowledge is desirable but not essential
· Clean driving licence, supplier visits may be required in the UK.
· Must be confident in speaking to senior management within organisations.
· Managing supplier meetings.