Transport Planner Ref: AB31
Flowers Associates Ltd.
Salary: £30, 000 to £35, 000 DOE
Hours: Full Time
About the Company
Our client is a family-owned business with family values and specialises in general haulage, contract solutions, palletised distribution, warehousing, Irish distribution and innovative solutions to the construction industry.
They are strategically located and have plans for the ultimate UK coverage.
About the Opportunity
• Are you an experienced Transport Planner?
• Do you have outstanding geographical knowledge?
• Can you multi task in a fast paced environment and be able to trouble shoot?
• Are you a team player and strive for excellence?
If so, this could be an exciting job opportunity to join this successful business as a Transport Planner.
As the Transport planner you will be proactive in your ability to plan and maximise the utilisation of the fleet. You will know what is working well within your area of responsibility and be able to identify opportunities for additional business to planned and scheduled.
What duties are involved?
• Experienced transport operator/planner within the transport industry, ideally within road haulage
• Strong administration skills
• Reliable and flexible to meet the needs of the business
• Effective communication skills
• Attention to detail is a key part of the role
• Organised, able to prioritise and plan to meet evolving deadlines
• IT literate, competent in Microsoft packages and planning systems and IT
• Self-motivated, flexible and confident
• General haulage knowledge
• Outstanding Geographical knowledge
• Competent in using various IT systems and packages
• Proven experience within the management of third-party general haulage loads
• CPC – Transport Management Qualification (desirable)
• Previous Transport management experience within the general haulage industry.
• The ability to grow and develop general haulage contracts
• Experience within a similar transport manager position
• Must have a ‘can do’ attitude
• Presentable, polite and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Demonstrate an understanding of the legislation that impacts on this role
• Knowledge of vehicle / trailer types / specification and their best application to be most efficient in their usage
• Competent decision making
What skills, experience & attributes are we looking for?
Your experience in this role is broad and well developed. Through your experience and planning skills you are able to offer amazing fleet utilisation figures and add to the revenue of the business. If we are unable to provide the required service then your network of industry contacts are able to assist you in meeting those customer requirements.
• Experience in working with sub-contractors
• Experience/a basic understanding of a construction related industry
• Previous experience of tender based estimating
• Experience and confidence in interpretation of technical drawings (training provided, but an insight is desirable)
• Strong numeracy skills
• Good PC skills: Word, Excel and Outlook, (training provided on in-house quotation system).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time management skills
• The ability to multi-task effectively
• Be proactive in assessing potential issues to minimise impact.
• An approachable individual who integrates well within a team
• The ability to assess a situation, think reactively and provide solutions
• Annual Bonus
• On-going development and training courses
• 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Death in Service
• Free membership to company gym