Assistant Tax Manager Ref: AF1790
Assistant Tax Manager
Flowers Associates Ltd.
Full Time or Part-Time
Working for a leading firm, specifically their top performing office in the UK, a progressive opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Tax Professional looking for their next step.
This role would be working in a team of 5, including 2 managers and the role would have people management responsibilities - you would mainly be dealing with OMB's and SME's. We have a friendly, established team here in Leicester and we really are looking for someone who can come in and add value. If you enjoy project work, this is all the better for us and there would definitely be some interesting projects to get involved with.
- Manage portfolio of clients, meeting their requirements and maximising fee income
- Manage the production of clients personal tax and/or corporate tax computations for own clients and Partners' clients
- Plan, control and review work carried out be team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Respond to tax queries from Partners/Directors
- Assist with billing
- Carry out consultancy work when required
- Attend client meetings where appropriate
- Design and implement standard letters/systems to improve the efficiency of the Tax Department
- Ad hoc projects/research
- Assist in completing appraisals for all allocated members of staff ensuring that these are completed May and November to enable staff to be developed and in turn enhance their effectiveness
- Allocate and review jobs / tasks
- Ensure trainees receive training relevant to their level of ability
- Regularly update your knowledge via Tax section on the Intranet
- Positive involvement with tax advisory work relevant to your skill level
- Managing clients - ensuring that their expectations are met and handling the more difficult clients
- Monitoring budgets, ensuring they are met and liaising with Partners regarding write offs/fee increases
- Keeping staff motivated, encouraging them and ensuring their development within the role
- Any technical issues that may arise
You are likely to come from a personal tax background, or at least have a preference for personal tax and enjoy the reviewing and compliance elements, as well as advisory work and ideally you will be CTA qualified or ATT.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses