Trainee Management Accountant Ref: AF1799
Trainee Management Accountant
Flowers Associates Ltd.
A large, long established and successful business who are part of an international group and boasts strong market share is seeking to appoint an Assistant Management Accountant to their team. 2019 is a year that this company is focusing on succession planning and building for the future. Ideally for this role, they are seeking interest from applicants who are currently within a transactional role and seeking a step up. Full study support will compliment a competitive salary and first class coaching and mentoring from senior finance professionals.
The role will be formed by the below responsibilities in supporting the Financial Controller, reporting across 3 separate enteritis within the group. As you develop, your role will follow.
• Accounts Payable – 3 way match AP invoices, process payment runs, query resolution, month end close & other related tasks.
• Accounts Receivable – Creation of sales invoices, cash allocation, debtors reporting, query resolution, month end close & other related tasks.
• Payroll – Time management system administration to generate hours for weekly payroll.
• Payroll - Processing
• Overtime & Wages Analysis
• Bank Reconciliation – Multiple currencies, month end close.
• Inventory processing & reconciliations of raw material, WIP & finished goods.
• Standard cost reviews
• Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget (monitoring)
• Ensuring compliance with SOX (including Blackline monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations & tasks)
• Assist other roles within the Finance department where necessary
We are seeking applicants who demonstrate current experience to meet above but also have a strong degree of ambition and willingness to learn. You must be a team player, understand the importance of relationships and demonstrate credibility with both internal and external customers.
• Part Qualified AAT / Newly Qualified AAT
• Finance experience – ideally in Manufacturing or FMCG
• Good level of excel skills, Outlook & Word
• High attention to detail
• Computer literate
• Knowledge of SOX / internal controls- extremely beneficial but not essential
• Experience of working to tight reporting deadlines
• Excellent communication skills essential, ability to give clear written and verbal instructions, clearly understand and explain technical and commercial issues to customers and have a good understanding of procedures and processes.
• Highly responsible, reliable and flexible with a strong work ethic.
• Able to effectively prioritise and adapt to a varied and changeable workload
• Punctual, presentable with good attendance
Salary guide is c£22k, full study support after a qualifying period of 6 months, 25 days holiday, free parking