Systems Accountant Ref: AF1818
Flowers Associates Ltd.
A flagship Leicester Plc offering excellent scope for autonomy and development, seeking an experienced Finance Systems professional.
• Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible for developing a detailed understanding of the Group’s accounting systems and related financial processes to recommend improvements and challenge business systems and processes as needed to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
• This is a key role within the Group as you will be responsible for proposing, recommending and in some cases implementing solutions that could impact on systems used by all departments across the Group. Reviewing and updating the Group’s systems to ensure they are fit for purpose is a key objective within the Finance and Board strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with excellent communication skills and a detailed understanding of systems and processes who wants to progress into a Finance Manager (Operations) in the next 12 to 18 months.
• Investigate systems and processes in line with the Group and Finance strategy
• Update documentation of systems and processes as required fit for internal audit;
• Manage the implementation of key developments to finance systems and processes;
• Consider and prepare business cases for alternative approaches and recommendations to changes;
• Ensure successful implementation across the organisation including integration with bespoke systems, working with the IT department as required;
• Recommend a way forward and evaluate implications on systems and processes, ensuring successful implementation across the organisation;
• Develop more effective systems for management reporting.
• Work with users and the rest of the finance team to identify requirements. Draw up business case. Ensure effective implementation.
• Work with the Finance Manager (Technical) and Management Account Supervisor on developments to reporting;
• Provide support and cover as required in the management accounts team during busy periods;
• Ownership of the finance systems
• Recommend improvements to processes, sharing useful insights into financial systems with the management accounts team;
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA)
• Able to travel where required (national)
• Ideally (but not essential) systems knowledge in: Workday, Mweb, Sage, Advisor Office, T&W
• Leading financial systems developments and upgrades including:
• Developing business case proposals
• Successfully testing documenting processes and procedures
• Training other users. Experience of proactively examining processes and seeking ways to improve, automate or otherwise extract efficiencies. Track record of meeting deadlines and managing a complex workload.
• Experience of successfully integrating finance systems with other in-house systems.
• Evidence of driving continuous improvements across a team or organisation.
• Excellent information technology skills, including advanced Excel.
• Good understanding of financial accounting processes and procedures.
• Excellent standard of written and oral communication.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an aptitude for dealing with people in various contexts, employing tact and diplomacy.
• Able to work using own initiative, making decisions and implementing across the organisation.
• Pro-active and forward thinking in nature - ability to show creativity and apply problem solving skills to issues.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer including a true modern approach to flexible working.
Also in terms of the role, there will be travel required (national) and the systems in use are Workday, Mweb (inhouse system), Sage, Advisor Office, T&W