Management Accountant Ref: AF1834
Flowers Associates Ltd.
£35k to £40k
My client is a global business, part of a US Parent Group specialising within the engineering and manufacturing sector. Required is a Management Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis. You will be number two to the Finance Director, tasked to provide an effective financial / management accounting service which meets the needs of the business whilst ensuring compliance with Statutory and accounting procedures and demands. In addition, you'll be accountable for developing, mentoring a small team whilst ensuring / developing best practice procedures within reporting requirements.
• To deputise for the Finance Director in his/her absence
• Assist the Finance Director with preparation for weekly Divisional calls, ensuring the information is accurate and up to date
• Maintain the integrity of financial systems and reports.
• Pro-actively work with other departments to reduce costs, improve productivity and streamline existing
• Preparation and submission of monthly accounts within three working days of the period end.
• Reporting of daily profit and loss and variable cost per earned standard hour reporting.
• Assistance with the preparation and submission of quarterly forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts.
• Explanation of variances from plan and implementation of corrective actions where applicable.
• Design, development & implementation of daily KPI monitors for the finance team together with corrective action plans for measures off target.
• Responsibility for meeting the SOX control requirement for the business through co-ordinating the completion of the quarterly testing and ensuring SOX documentation is complete and accurate.
• Responsible for ensuring all Policies are complied with, without exception.
• The control of the Nominal ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger, fixed assets and VAT.
• Responsibility for the preparation & submission of accurate and timely VAT returns, IPR returns and other government returns and statistics.
• Assistance with the timely preparation of annual Budgets.
• Preparation of year-end statutory financial accounts including liaison with the Company’s Auditors.
• Facilitate and promote financial awareness throughout the Company.
• Review of daily cash monitoring & cashflow forecast reports.
• To assist the manufacturing managers to analyse and justify new capital equipment, changes in working practices etc.
• To continuously strive to improve the Operating Working Capital of the business.
• To manage systems of control of capital expenditure in accordance with Group policies including preparation of regular reports of expenditure.
A qualified, progressive Accountant is required, able to challenge the status quo and communicate across all operational areas of the business. You should be of sound IT capabilities, particulalry Excel.
Manufacturing experience is preferred however key is the ability to undertake complex reporting responsibilities and ownership of accounting procedures and controls.
• ACCA/CIMA qualified with demonstrable relevant experience
• Experience within a fast paced environment
• Driven and adaptable to change
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Good communication skills, teamwork and leadership skills.