Management Accountant Ref: AF1843
Flowers Associates Ltd.
£30k to £40k DOE
A highly successful, privately owned supply chain business, turnover £35m and growing has engaged Flowers exclusively to support them in appointing an experienced Accountant to their team.
Essentially, this role is required as a number two to the FD with scope for progression to Financial Controller in the future. The business itself boasts excellent relationships with it’s contracted customers and are growing at an increased rate.
The business will offer an excellent salary, financial support towards studies (where required), 22 days holiday, free parking and flexibility towards working hours.
You will be working closely with the Finance Director and Finance Operations team in providing a highly efficient accounting service to key business areas.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts, reconciling margins and explaining all revenue and cost variances from budget
• Reconciling balance sheet monthly
• Liaising with bank and auditors where necessary as well as non- finance people within the business
• Ensuring that all finance disciplines, internal and external accounting rules are adhered to without fail by all departments within the business
• Providing analysis and business driven statistics for the Directors and management team to highlight spikes / trends ensuring variances are explained
• Finance lead in all business projects as and when required
• Assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, liaising with non- accounting revenue and cost centre holders
• Lead ongoing cashflow management, reporting and projections
• Assisting in the preparation of year end and statutory accounts
You will be coming from a broad accounting role within a sizeable SME / OMB. where you can demonstrate experience in working with Financial and Non-Financial people, able to report and communicate the numbers, challenge the status quo and influence process, procedure and best practice.
Qualified, Part Qualified or Qualified by Experience, we seeking somebody who is hungry, seeking a role where they can make their mark and a lasting impression. You will have every opportunity to develop your own personal brand in this business and become a key contributor to business performance.
Your IT skills should be of a semi-advanced nature, particularly Excel. Systems implementation and/or systems development would be highly desirable