Business Accountant Ref: AF1847
Flowers Associates Ltd.
East Mids (Nottingham, Loughborough, Leicester
£35k to £40k
A well renowned local branded employer is seeking to appoint an Accountant to their team, overseeing the financial integrity and performance of the business and 2 retail outlets. One being in Leicester, the other in Nottingham.
You primary responsibility will be to manage the accounting operation of each business, ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively. Reporting to the Business Manager, you will be responsible for the following key duties
• Maintaining the financial control environment effective within the dealership and manage the financial performance of the site
• Provision of accurate, relevant and timely management information to aid decision making, ensuring financial compliance and integrity at all times
• Assist the General Manager in finding opportunities to maximise revenue, margin and reduce costs
• Provide financial coaching, support and reporting to the Dealership Management team, to improve their knowledge and department’s financial performance
• Demonstrate leadership to the Dealership Management teams during the General Manager’s absence.
• Any other duties as and when required by the General Manager / Senior Finance Managers within the scope of your role
• Ensure the Dealership Management Accounts are prepared on an accurate and timely basis, ensuring compliance, consistency and integrity in the results presented.
• Maintain and develop controls to ensure effective use of the Dealership’s working capital within targets set by the company, to optimise cash flow.
• Ensure the entire balance sheet for the Dealership is fully reconciled as per the agreed timetables. Identify all outstanding items and ensure their recoverability.
• Ensure dealership stocks and assets are audited on a timely basis and accounted for accurately in line with the needs of the company.
• Produce and submit monthly manufacturer composites to the required guidelines and timetable. Review the Manufacturer reports with Dealership management team to identify areas of opportunity to increase returns.
• Ensure the Dealership forecast is up to date and submitted to head office weekly as per timetable. Analyse the results, identify adverse variances and assist the General Manager where required to reverse those trends.
• Provide robust financial KPIs, management information, and analysis and interpretation to the Dealership managers, including ad-hoc reporting as required by General Manager.
• Assist in the preparation of the Dealership budgets. Provide variance analysis to the Dealership Management teams between actual results and published budgets to assist in reversing adverse trends throughout the year.
• To regularly review business processes with respect to the risk of employee or third-party fraud, including theft, misappropriate of funds, tax fraud, overstatement of earnings etc, and to escalate issues identified on a timely basis.
• Attendance at on- and off-site meetings and training sessions as required.
• Provide coaching and guidance as required to Assistant Accountants to aide their development
We are seeking an experienced Automotive Retail Accountant with extensive knowledge within the Dealership arena. Your experience should be at “Dealership Accountant” level and possess excellent communication and people skills. Qualification within ACCA or CIMA is desirable but not essential.
Salary guide is indicative of experience and qualification, estimated to be c£35k to £40k