Finance Operations Manager Ref: AF1851
Finance Operations Manager
Flowers Associates Ltd.
£60k + Bens
A fantastic opportunity for a high calibre finance professional looking for a role that offers breadth, depth and personal development within one of Leicester’s flagship companies.
The business prides itself on their people centric culture where Employee Engagement is at the centre of everything they do. Do you consider yourself a strong influencer? Do you consider yourself technically excellent? Do you consider yourself at the top of your field? You will have the opportunity to be all you can be in a fast paced, demanding and challenging role.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible for managing the Finance Operations specifically focused on providing strong leadership and management to ensure successful delivery of the financial elements of the business strategy.
You will oversee the daily transactional processing teams and ensure timely delivery of the monthly management accounts, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a robust and comprehensive set of management controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with IFRS.
Your managerial responsibilities will be end to end, from an active involvement in hiring through to coaching, people development and proactive employee engagement. From a technical point of view, your accountability will encompass the following:
• Build quality into every step of the finance processes to ensure accuracy and delivery are at the focus of all finance business processes
• Actively participate and review our processes to specific regulatory requirements, in conjunction with business support and compliance functions to areas for continuous improvement to be implemented
• Collaboratively work with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure seamless business processes which deliver the best possible business outcomes
• Management of accounting policies, procedures and controls including implementation thereof.
• Challenge decision making and provide innovative solutions to issues.
• Support the management accounts team in the delivery of timely and accurate consolidated monthly management accounts and variance analysis.
• Assist and support the management accounts team in the interim and annual audit process.
• Actively manage the finance operations team’s input into the development of new and existing accounting and CRM systems to ensure requirements are clearly communicated, documented, tested and training plans are in place ahead of release.
• Support the Finance Director with the annual budgeting and monthly reforecast process.
You will be ACA or ACCA qualified with demonstrated post qualified experience. Practice trained would be desirable but not essential. Essentially, we are seeking an engaging people manager with high calibre accounting knowledge and capabilities on process and controls.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to work to a high standard under pressure and adhere to strict reporting deadlines.
• Experience of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• Practical knowledge of good corporate governance (i.e. company secretarial and UK Corporate Governance Code).
• Experience in discharging the regulatory requirements of a listed company
Salary guide c£60k + Pension + Bonus + Share Scheme