Finance Assistant Ref: AF1900
Flowers Associates Ltd.
£18k to £22k + AAT Study
A large, long established and successful business who are part of an international group and boasts strong market share is seeking to make a new addition to their team following a series of internal promotions. This is a constantly growing, innovative, fast paced company that values succession planning, learning and development, focused on building for the future. Ideally for this role, they are seeking interest from applicants who are currently within a transactional role and seeking a step up. Full study support will compliment a competitive salary and first class coaching and mentoring from senior finance professionals.
The role will be formed by the below responsibilities in supporting the Financial Controller.
• Accounts Payable – 3 way match AP invoices, process payment runs, query resolution, month end close & other related tasks. (Experience necessary)
• Covering Accounts Receivable where required – Creation of sales invoices, cash allocation, debtors reporting, query resolution, month end close & other related tasks.
• Covering Payroll – Time management system administration to generate hours for weekly payroll. (This can be taught, experience no necessary)
• Bank Reconciliation – Multiple currencies, month end close.
• Assisting Inventory processing & reconciliations of raw material, WIP & finished goods.
• Ensuring compliance with SOX (including Blackline monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations & tasks)
• Assist other roles within the Finance department where necessary
We are seeking applicants who demonstrate current experience to meet above but also have a strong degree of ambition and willingness to learn. You must be a team player, understand the importance of relationships and demonstrate credibility with both internal and external customers.
• Part Qualified AAT / Newly Qualified AAT (Ideal but non-studiers are desirable too)
• Purchase Ledger experience
• Good level of excel skills (Formula level as a minimum)
• High attention to detail
• Computer literate
• Knowledge of SOX / internal controls- extremely beneficial but not essential
• Excellent communication skills essential, ability to give clear written and verbal instructions, clearly understand and explain technical and commercial issues to customers and have a good understanding of procedures and processes.
• Highly responsible, reliable and flexible with a strong work ethic.
• Able to effectively prioritise and adapt to a varied and changeable workload
• Punctual, presentable with good attendance
Salary guide is up to c£22k, full study support after a qualifying period of 6 months, 25 days holiday, free parking