Accounts Team Leader Ref: AF1909
Accounts Team Leader
Flowers Associates Ltd.
To £28k + Private Medical (Indv and Family), Gym Membership, Study Support, Life Assurance)
A specialist business with a strong market presence within financial services is seeking to appoint a Team Leader to their finance team, essentially to manage and over see finance transactional operations.
You will be managing a team of 6 people, responsible for processing and recording income and expenditure within the group including high volume reconciliation, cash maneagement and associated reporting
In more detail, you will be responsible for
• Identify by periodical reviews, procedural shortfalls, and implement innovative and robust procedures to increase the efficiency of the team and its processes.
• Ensure month end reconciliation deadlines are met, in respect of source, bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Oversee regular credit control actions reducing aged debt.
• Investigate Unallocated Cash and implement procedures to ensure the pro-active allocation of funds in a timely manner.
• Contribute towards the Policy Administration System implementation project, offering insight
• Ensure all procedural documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
• Motivate a team of 6, and lead from the front providing guidance and coaching.
• Ensure the team is properly trained and have the skills necessary to perform their tasks. Highlight training as required.
• Ensure the responsibilities of the team are protected against absence through training of secondary responsibility holders.
• Conduct regular one to ones, team meetings and appraisals.
In summary, we are keen to identify a high calibre Transaction Manager / Supervisor who demonstrates certainty and understanding within controlling and reporting on cash and the company’s position with regards to fluidity
• Accounting technical knowledge
• Experience of the insurance industry
• Sound knowledge of double entry accounting and journals
• Sound knowledge of reconciliation process
• Experience of DD processes and requirements
• Experience of Credit Control
• Good leadership and motivational skills
• Problem solving ability
• Good communication skills