Materials Planner Ref: AF1943
Flowers Associates Ltd.
Salary: £10.56 p/h
Hours: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
About the Company
Our client is a global leader and for over 30 years have worked with leading companies in the aerospace, industrial, automotive and technology sectors.
About the Opportunity
A position has become available within the parts planning tea as new model/materials planner within their automotive site. The role is responsible to effectively manage a portfolio of vendors ensuring key deliverables are achieved in line with the client’s expectations for new model launches.
What duties are involved?
• Direct interface with the Supply base to manage and monitor the status of ordered parts/materials and expedite delivery of items exceed Client expectations pre & post New Model launch.
• Problem solve to establish root cause of issues impacting supply of parts, create action plans and agree recovery plans with Vendors and stakeholders when necessary to meet deadlines.
• Escalate internally and externally where appropriate to urgently resolve issues preventing supply.
• Identify and undertake risk management strategies, Pre engagement activities with Supply base.
• Deliver agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) including stock in bin % at launch, ETA coverage, Post launch availability
What skills, experience & attributes are we looking for?
•Essentially experience within planning / scheduling and organising works either in a procurement setting or a role closely related.
• Good communication skills verbal and written with excellent organisation and planning skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• Computer literate and fully competent in Microsoft Office Applications
• Intermediate Excel level, SAP experience is desired but not essential
• Prior experience in or knowledge of Supply Chain with experience in material planning
• Strong interpersonal skills including Supplier interaction, must be target driven, persistent, take ownership and be self-motivated
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• To have a professional, proactive and flexible approach to work
• Ability to work under pressure and towards set cut off timings
• Clean driving license, Supplier visits may be required in the UK
Working Hours & Holidays: Mon – Fri/8am – 4pm & 28 days holiday increased to35 days after 12 weeks.