£35k to £45k DOE + Bens
Working within a stable team of 6,, for an instantly recognisable business with a strong foothold in the UK across a range of revenue streams from sales and leasing through to parts and maintenance. Ideally suited to an ambitious and driven individual with aspirations to work towards succeeding the current FD.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of this very varied role in a SME business, that will give you a great deal of exposure to an accounting function and to senior management, is to perform a variety of accounting functions to manage the company's finances to find ways to improve profitability and growth through analysis of financial information to allow the organisation to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth.
The role combines accounting skills with effective management and concise communication to both financial and non-financial management to look ahead, analyse business performance advising on how to pre-empt problems and adapt to changing circumstances and developments.
The overall aim of this role is to improve value in all areas of the business by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing the most effective strategies and responsible for acknowledging all accounting problems with proposed solutions and/or confer with the Financial Director for the an appropriate resolutions to offer.
A key role within this highly efficient team, you will be responsible for a broad spectrum of Management Account, Analysis and Reporting through to Financial and Statutory accounting best practice and compliance. You will be working closely with your fellow finance colleagues and even closer with the operational and commercial depts within this £130m turnover business.
- Build strong and positive relationships with supplier/customer database
- Build and document knowledge about the supplier/customer on an as and when basis
- Feedback any important supplier/customer information to the Company
- Ensure you operate systems effectively and efficiently
- Answer all in-coming Accounts calls with confidence in yourself, in your colleagues and in your Company and take ownership of those calls
- Supervision and coaching of the Accounts Team and Accounts Assistant
- Statutory and Management Accountants preparation
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Expenses (P11D) / PSA
- VAT returns, intrastats and EC Sales
- Fixed assets
- Year End and Audit prep
- Stock analysis
- Ad hoc projects
- KPI's and analysis
- To strictly adhere to company finance procedures
- To ensure appropriate reporting and communication to Finance Director
An ideal role for a budding finance professional, Newly qualified or with Post Qualified experience, we require a professional possessing broad experience but also an infectious enthusiasm and keenness to develop within a fast moving business. What’s essential is the ability to demonstrate technical understanding and the ability to get under the skin of a business and make a real difference.
A real “generalist” if you will and a natural “go to”.
You’ll also be of a high standard with IT specifically excel however experience with system implementation and/or SAP is a significant advantage. The business is also FCA regulated along with being assigned to the Apprenticeship Levy. Knowledge of these areas / backgrounds would also be distinctly advantageous.
Regretfully, candidates qualified by experience or Part Qualified will not be considered however open to a ACCE / CIMA Finalist with a coupe of exams left to take.