Materials Planner Ref: AF2019
Material Planner (Aftermarket)
Flowers Associates Ltd.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Material Planner in Desford for my client and their Premium brand. A prestigious global provider of fully integrated supply chain solutions, incorporating information technology, warehouse management, transportation management, inventory management and product support. This is a full time temporary long term role with opportunity for Internal Progression and longevity for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity to join a successful team in a friendly and fast paced environment.
To effectively manage a portfolio of Operational Vendors, ensuring key deliverables are achieved in line with the Clients Requirements.
• Manage and monitor the status of ordered parts/materials and expedite or de-expedite delivery of items to meet requirements
• Work the Material Planners checklist daily to ensure that all Priority Planner Reports and Tasks are completed on time with correct and relevant information.
• Establish root cause and work to resolve any issues which could affect supply of parts
• Escalate where appropriate any issues/areas needing attention
• Work to agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) on the following: Availability, Back Order/Past Due Reduction (Including Aged Orders) and ETA Coverage
• Internal and External Reporting
• Support Supplier Portal Website Rollout to encourage suppliers to become self-managing.
• Required to work closely with the Client, Supply Base, Customer Support, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Operations and Inbound Logistics
We are seeking to draw applications from interested candidates ideally with experience in Material Planning in a Supply Chain environment however not essential. You must however demonstrate experience within a scheduling based role where you are organising people, products or both. You should be a master at multi-tasking, managing processes and influencing the key stakeholders within those processes. Additionally, you should demonstrate the following
• Vendor Management Skills
• Strong Planning & Organising Skills
• Excellent Oral Communication Skills supported by good written skills
• Must be target driven, persistent, take ownership and be a self-starter.
• SAP knowledge is desirable but not essential
• Must be confident in speaking to Senior Management within Organisations