Finance Business Partner Ref: AF2026
Finance Business Partner
Flowers Associates Ltd.
My client is a highly specialised European service-logistics company specialising in providing partner transport solutions to European companies shipping consignments of products into the UK to their distributors.
This newly created position of Finance Business Partner is critical to optimising the financial and operational performance of our business units, working closely with key stakeholders including Operations and Country Directors.
In this role you will provide analysis and insight into commercial and operational arrangements, identifying opportunities for margin enhancement, cost savings and growth, as well as ensure business processes are efficient and contain robust controls. You’ll be partnered with 3 sites in the UK, working from and with the senior team in their hub in Coventry as well as 2 additional sites where you’ll be providing key support and insight via remote means.
• Business partnering for the regional directors and department managers providing analytical insights, tracking against key metrics and identifying opportunities for margin enhancements.
• Performance against Dept KPIs
• Produce periodic (daily, weekly, month, quarterly) reports to inform on and aid business performance
• Accurate and on time production
• Produce project analysis to justify and monitor business growth (organic and acquisitive) initiatives as well as any cost-saving plans
• Delivery vs targets/plan
• Supporting the Commercial Finance Director and CFO in strategic opportunities including M&A and strategic projects
• To work with the European Business Partner or other finance colleagues
• Ability to understand financial and operational processes, and identify the drivers associated with each process that result in revenues or costs
• Ability to simplify complex financial situations and explain/communicate to others
• Be able to present information and explain assumptions clearly that are behind commercial analysis
• Be realistic and consider all possible outcomes of a given situation
My client is proud to have a set of values that guide them in all that they do. They bring a “whatever it takes and more” philosophy so that every one can understand and describe what it means to be part of the Team. We are seeking a candidate with a similar ethos in their agility and ability to innovate and improve, able to be bold in their approach and committed in the level of care they give.
As a Finance Business Partner you will be confident, pragmatic and enjoy working with a variety of Stakeholders; communicating complex financial information and explaining assumptions that sit behind commercial analysis. You will have the ability to understand financial and operational processes, and identify the drivers associated with each process that result in revenues or costs.
The key elements required in addition to the above are
• Financial experience in a logistics business
• Demonstrable experience of manipulating and analysing large and complex data
• Strong communicator across various departments and levels of stakeholders
• Logical, organised and able to manage competing workloads
• Qualified ACCA / CIMA or studying towards full qualification
Salary guide c£40k to £45k. A hybrid working model of office based (Coventry) and home based. Pension scheme, free parking, 23 days holiday plus your birthday. Study support is available where required