Materials Planner Ref: AF2057
Flowers Associates Ltd.
12 Month Contract / Full Time
To £31500 DOE
Onsite working, Free Parking, Mon – Fri, 40 hours per week
We are working in partnership with a local company as they are actively seeking an experienced Materials / Supply Chain Planner. This is a great company with excellent prospects for the right candidate. This company is rich in history with a respected industry renowned expertise in their field currently going through a transition phase.
You’ll have responsibility to plan and schedule internal and external demands of the business, and secure the associated material supply in order to deliver customers on time, at the lowest cost and inventory, being the driver to achieving the most optimal and low cost plan, within the boundaries of Supply Chain strategy.
• Perform the day to day Production Planning/Scheduling for your perimeter (up to 10 machines) as well as subcontracting
• Plan in accordance with the process workflow
• Plan to optimize the manufacturing efficiency
• Send order confirmation to customer services for new customer orders in due course
• Follow up the Plan on a daily basis, flag any deviation, propose solutions to get back in line with the plan and escalate when necessary
• Ensure committed lead times are respected
• Propose alternative scenarios when contingency plans are needed
• Optimize the level of finished goods inventory
• Check the availability of raw materials
• Communication of the Production Plan to all stakeholders o Publish the production plan / schedule regularly and in accordance with the fixed demand strategy.
• Escalate if lead times are getting out of the target
• Help prioritize customer orders with Sales and Marketing in case demand exceeds capacity
• To use MRP to determine the material requirements of the Production Plan.
• Verify demand data and to order material accordingly from approved suppliers.
• Implement best practices in the Planning processes to develop optimal plans, which maximise efficiency and support Operational Strategy.
• Communicate effectively with all stakeholders regarding the Production / Material plan and to follow up / action any changes to the plan because of non-compliance.
We are seeking to draw applications from interested parties with the following expertise.
• Relevant Production / Materials / Supply Chain Planning
• MRP skills achieved within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in using ERP systems. Microsoft Dynamics AX a distinct advantage
• Sound knowledge of Supply Chain processes and procedures: scheduling, demand and replenishment processes (Make to Order & Make to Stock).
• Organised, and able to demonstrate attention to detail as well as big picture, with ability to problem solve and work independently
• Able to multi tasks in a dynamic and reactive environment
• Initiative driven
• Able to collaborate with others and create and sustain positive working relationships
• Good level of computer skills including Excel