Product and Contracts Executive Ref: GL522
Product and Contracts Manager / Product and Contracts Executive
Flowers Associates Ltd.
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED CONTRACTOR WITH A TRACK RECORD IN THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY? AND DO YOU HAVE, OR ARE YOU READY FOR, MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE?
This successful incoming tour operator is based in South Leicestershire and they are seeking a Product & Contracts Manager and a Product and Contracts Executive to negotiate rates with their suppliers and help develop new products and destinations within Western Europe, the UK and Ireland. Our client’s markets are worldwide with a strong focus on South-East Asia. This tour operator is one of the UK’s leading operators in its field.
- Contracting of UK and European supplies (including hotels, transportation, attractions, restaurants)
- Maintaining our internal product database
- Managing a small team (Manager position only)
- Close liaison with, and education of, our Operations team
- Involvement in costings/pricing for key client quotations
- Negotiating and contracting
- Sourcing new tour content and USPs
- Loading rates and contract information into internal systems
- Managing supplier relationships
- Product development
- Competitor monitoring
- Supporting the Operations team
- Working on long- and short-term projects simultaneously
- Visiting suppliers across the product area
* Experience of contracting supplies in the product area is essential (Manager position only: for the Executive position it is desirable)
* Must have travel industry or closely related experience
* Strong negotiation and communication skills
* Ability to work in a high-pressured environment and meet deadlines
* To be able to work independently as well as part of a team
* To be organised and have a high attention to detail
* To be able to demonstrate creativity and a flair for new ideas
Salary range is between £24-30k depending on experience and this also includes a bonus scheme.