Purchasing Coordinator Ref: KK81
Flowers Associates Ltd.
Flowers Associates are recruiting on behalf of an engineering company in Loughborough who is looking to hire an experienced Purchasing Specialist into their team.
As a successful purchasing coordinator, you will work closely with the Purchasing Manager, ensuring you offer a high degree of support with day to day purchasing.
List of responsibilities:
- Purchase products, components/spares and non-stock/ services in-line with Company requirements and needs
- Negotiate commercial terms including and not limited to, prices, rebates, promotional contributions along with stocking incentives and product support
- Purchasing stock within agree parameters and follow proper channels to obtain purchase authorisation according to Company policy
- Solve problems with orders in an efficient and timely manner
- Negotiate and administer price changes to ensure continued profitability against competitor and market needs.
- Ensure stock availability is maintained within company guidelines
- Back order reports to be inspected on a daily basis for both back orders of sales orders and open purchase orders with suppliers to be reviewed and expedited as appropriate
- Analysis and monitor product group performance
- To assist with product sourcing and developing product group categories
- Manage and coordinate new product development and implementation within agreed product categories
- Assist with implementation of factory/supplier measurement performance along with monitoring against agreed parameters
- Dealing with purchasing issues as they occur effectively and in the interest of the Company
- Maintain company computer system in line with purchasing needs to ensure accurate and latest data is available for the purchasing/other departments.
To be considered for the role, you must present at least 3 years + in a similar role, ideally from an engineering/manufacturing background.
The perfect candidate, will be an effective communicator with excellent negotiating skills and commercial awareness.
My client is offering a salary between £20,000-£23,000 dependent on experience.